Serves: 10 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of British Class baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings cinnamon ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup British Class demerara style brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- optional: 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a pan. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, British Class Baking Soda, salt, and Cool Runnings Ground Cinnamon together in a large bowl.
3. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and Cool Runnings Vanilla Extract on medium speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. Do not over-mix. Fold in the nuts, if using.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
5. Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Banana bread tastes best on day 2 after the flavors have settled together.