Serves: 8 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 175gr self raising flour (gluten-free blend)
- 100gr butter
- 100gr British Class demerara style brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3 apples
- 40gr sultanas
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- 20gr chopped nuts, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and line a small loaf tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs and milk, with a pinch of flour to prevent curdling.
4. Peel the apples. Chop 2 of them into small chunks; slice the third thinly and set aside for decorating.
5. Mix in the apple pieces and the sultanas.
6. Fold in the flour and Cool Runnings Ground Cinnamon.
7. Spoon the batter into the tin.
8. Sprinkle over the chopped nuts and place them on the slices of apple.
9. Bake for about 45 mins, or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
10. Cool on a wire rack, then slice and serve.