- 3 lbs ox-tail
- 1 tbsp Cool Runnings ox-tail seasoning
- 2 tbsp of melted British Class coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 ½ tsp Cool Runnings gravy browning
- 3-4 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 10 pieces Cool Runnings allspice whole
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings dried thyme leaf
- 1 can butter beans
- Maggi seasoning sauce
1. Toss thawed ox-tail in 1 tablespoon Cool Runnings Ox-tail Seasoning, and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
2. In a pan, melt the British Class Coconut Oil, and brown marinated ox-tail for 2-3 minutes on each side. In the end, toss in diced onions, and garlic to brown slightly.
3. Put browned ox-tail into pressure cooker then add scotch bonnet pepper (optional), beef broth, gravy browning, scallions, diced tomatoes, Cool Runnings Allspice Whole Berries, thyme, and butter beans.
4. Cook in pressure cooker for 35-45 minutes until the ox-tail is tender.
5. Remove the lid from the pressure cooker when it is safe to do so, skim off the fat and discard if you prefer, add a few dashes of Maggi Seasoning Sauce to taste, and cook (lid off) for an additional 20-30 minutes until sauce has thickened.