Active time: 20 minutes | Oven time: 12 minutes | Yields: 36 cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more to sprinkle
- 1 cup British Class turbinado sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup Cool Runnings peach passion fruit jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line two medium baking trays with parchment paper. Reserve.
3. In a medium bowl, mix butter and British Class Turbinado Sugar until the sugar is fully incorporated.
4. Add Cool Runnings Vanilla Extract and then one egg at a time, mixing well after each egg addition.
5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt over this mixture and mix with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Sprinkle flour over a clean and flat surface and work the dough into a smooth ball. Place it in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle some flour over a surface and over the dough. Open the dough using a rolling pin until it is 1cm thick, then cut it using a 5 cm round cookie cutter. Make a well with your finger in the center of each cookie.
8. Fill each cookie with ½ tsp Cool Runnings Peach Passion Fruit Jam and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Tip: Make sure the well in your cookies is quite deep, otherwise most of the jam will overflow.