Serves: 4 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 TBS peanut oil
- ½ onion minced
- 1 cup red or green pepper diced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and minced
- 3 tbs of Chinatown soy sauce
- 3 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp Cool Runnings hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp Cool Runnings garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Cool Runnings ginger powder
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed.
- 1 lettuce
1. Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined. If you use a firmer peanut butter you may need to microwave the mixture for 30-60 seconds in order to melt it and ensure everything is well-mixed.
2. Heat 2 TBS peanut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
3. Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
4. Add the peppers and water chestnuts and cook about 5 minutes or until peppers are becoming soft.
5. Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
6. Serve in lettuce leaves, on top of your favorite Asian salad, or over noodles or rice