Servings: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds green cabbage, washed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of British Class coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cool Runnings jamaican style curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings cumin ground
- salt to taste
1. Prepare the cabbage by slicing them into 1 inch thick strips and set aside in a bowl.
2. Heat up coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions to the saucepan once the oil is heated and sauté until they are soft (2 minutes). Stir in the garlic, green onions and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
3. Stir in the coriander, turmeric, cumin, curry powder and thyme.
4. Add the coconut milk, water, cabbage, carrot and salt and stir to evenly coat the vegetables. Bring the curry cabbage to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer until the cabbage is tender, fully cooked and the sauce has thickened (20 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and serve with rice, potato or roti!