Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons British Class coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cool Runnings Jamaican style curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, or 3 cups cooked
- 1 can of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 of Cool Runnings allspice berries
- 1/4 teaspoon Cool Runnings cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and let cook until it softens.(about 2-3 minutes)
2. Next, stir in the garlic, ginger, spring onion and cook for another minute.
3. Add curry powder, paprika, and thyme. Keep cooking and stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, carrot, chickpeas and stir to coat.
5. Add coconut milk, water, allspice whole and let curry come to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Serve with rice and enjoy!