Serves: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 pounds large shrimp or prawns (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of British Class lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings garlic, pepper, and herbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon of Cool Runnings ground black pepper
1. Blend together the paprika, garlic, garlic pepper and herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir all the shrimp into the mixture and toss it to evenly coat it with the marinade. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill. Remove the shrimp from the fridge, drain the excess marinade and discard it.
3. Place the shrimp on the preheated grill and cook it, turnring it once. Make sure the center is opaque, (about 5 - 6 minutes). Remove from heat when cooked and serve immediately.