Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 1h 20 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 dashes of Cool Runnings hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cool Runnings jerk seasoning spice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the seasoning, stir together the lime juice, honey, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Next add the jerk seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss the shrimp into the bowl and mix well to ensure they are evenly coated. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for one hour to allow the seasoning to marinate. Use this time to soak the wooden skewers in warm water for an hour.
3. Preheat your outdoor grill for medium-high heat when you are ready to grill the shrimp.
4. Remove skewers from the water, pat them dry and spray them down with some nonstick cooking spray. Skewer the shrimps. Grill the shrimp on the grill on both sides until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes per side.