Serves: 4 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth (can substitute with Cool Runnings chicken bouillon cubes)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Cool Runnings lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 C degrees. Take a medium bowl and whisk together the flour, lemon pepper, salt and 1 lemon zest. Toss the chicken breasts into the flour mixture until it is fully coated. Slice up the remaining lemon into thin slices.
2. Heat up a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Gently place the chicken in a single layer and cook until the bottom is golden (about 5 minutes).
3. Next, add broth, butter, garlic and lemon slices to the skill and put chicken into oven to let bake until cooked through and through. The sauce should have reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon sauce on top of chicken and garnish with fresh parsley.