Serves: 10 | Preparation time: 45 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of British Class golden sugar
- 2/3 cup of Cool Runnings strawberry jam
- 1 Tablespoon of orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of British Class baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings table salt
- British Class turbinado sugar
1. Whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange zest, then reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Divide dough in half; wrap each portion in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
2. Roll one disc of dough out on a lightly floured board to a 10 x 12-inch rectangle ; trim edges if needed. Use an offset spatula to spread 1/3 cup of Cool Runnings Strawberry jam over dough, leaving a 1-inch border at the top and a 1/2-inch border at the sides. Roll dough up into a log; moisten edges and pinch to seal. Wrap roll in waxed paper and twist ends to secure, then chill for 24 hours. Repeat with remaining dough.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a serrated knife to cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices, rotating rolls to keep them from flattening (reshape into rounds if needed). Place slices two inches apart on prepared baking sheets and sprinkle lightly with turbinado sugar. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 minutes, until edges are set. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.