Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1" piece of ginger, finely crushed
- 4 tbsp. melted margarine
- 1 tbsp. Cool Runnings curry powder
- 2 tsp. Cool Runnings paprika
- 1 tsp. Cool Runnings garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Cool Runnings hot chilli powder
1. Combine paprika, curry powder, salt, garlic, chili powder, ginger and melted margarine. Rub mixture well into chicken and allow to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 20 minutes, basting often with the marinade.
3. Turn over chicken, baste and continue to bake for 25 minutes until cooked.
4. Combine dripping from chicken with onion in a saucepan and gently simmer until onion is tender.
5. Place chicken under a hot grill and brown to a nice rich colour.
6. Put on a platter and pour sauce over to serve.