Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 15-ounce jar chunky salsa mild or medium
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings garlic powder granulated
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup shredded blend cheese or more, to taste
- optional toppings: avocado, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced olives
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat saute ground beef until browned. Stir in rice, salsa, seasonings, beans, and corn and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
2. Sprinkle cheese over the top and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Top with any desired toppings and serve.