Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of Cool Runnings BBQ honey mustard sauce
- 1/4 cup British Class dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings all natural all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cool Runnings curry powder
- Salt and Cool Runnings black pepper ground
1. Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard sauce, all purpose seasoning and curry powder. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
3. Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste. Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.