Servings: 8 servings
- 12 dasheen or callaloo leaves
- 2 crabs, cleaned and broken in pieces
- 4 lbs. salted beef or salted pork
- 8 ochroes
- 4 stalks chive
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 2 cups hot water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 whole hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cooking butter
1. Heat up the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Stir in the onion, celery, garlic, ginger and sugar. Let it cook for 5 minutes, until the onions are tender. Next, season with salt, turmeric, allspice and nutmeg.
2. Mix in the potatoes and zucchini and pour in the vegetable stock. Bring the large pot to a boil, reduce the heat to a low and let simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
3. Remove the soup from the heat, season it with some cayenne pepper and stir in the spinach. Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth. Serve while hot and enjoy!