- 8 cups water
- 3 Cool Runnings cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups British Class quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Cool Runnings coconut milk
- Cool Runnings ground cinnamon (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Blueberries (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
1. In a saucepan bring the water with the cinnamon sticks to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 1 hour. Discard the cinnamon sticks.
2. Add salt and oats to the water and let it come to a boil uncovered. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Add milk and simmer for an additional 15 minutes until creamy.
3. Serve in a bowl and add more milk or water if you want it thinner. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sweeten with sugar or honey. Serve garnished with blueberries and walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.