Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 410 gr can kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 410 gr can black-eyed bean, rinsed and drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 cans of Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ bunch of spring onions, whites and greens separated and sliced
- 6 tablespoons of Cool Runnings scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cool Runnings curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings all natural all purpose seasoning
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sizzle the spring onion whites, pepper, Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce and garlic for 5-8 mins until soft and fragrant. Add the thyme leaf, curry powder and spices, then cook for 1 min more. Stir in the tomatoes, then cook for 2 mins to soften slightly.
2. Crumble in the stock cube, then tip in all the beans and the coconut milk. Simmer for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and stir in most of the spring onion greens, the lime juice and some seasoning.
3. Ladle into bowls and scatter with remaining spring onions just before serving.