- 1 9-inch deep dish Butter Pie Crust
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 egg whites
- 1½ cups hot milk
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 4 tbsp. of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. of Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of Cool Runnings nutmeg ground
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Roll out pastry to fit 8" pie pan; trim edges.
2. Combine milk, sugar, salt, nutmeg, coconut and vanilla; stir in egg yolks.
3. Pour into pastry case and bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium and continue to bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
5. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff; beat in gradually ½ cup castor sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla slowly, beating well.
6. Spread on top of pie; bake in hot oven for 5 minutes until nicely brown.