Serves: 2 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ serrano chile or jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 ½" piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- ¼ tsp. Cool Runnings ground turmeric
- ½ cup cooked grains, such quinoa
- ½ cup Cool Runnings coconut milk, plus more for serving
- 2Tbsp. store-bought crispy onions
- Lime wedges (for serving)
1. Remove kernels from corn and set aside.
2. Take a large nonstick skillet and heat oil over medium heat. Cook the chili, ginger, garlic and sliced scallion; toss frequently until it is softened and fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add the turmeric and keep cooking, stirring frequently!
3. Now add the corn set aside earlier and increase the heat to a medium-high. Keep cooking and tossing the corn until it starts to lightly brown (3 minutes). Add your choice of cooked grains and cook until heated through and you can see it beginning to crisp around the edges (2 minutes).
4. Next, add the 1/2 cup of coconut milk and season with salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and let cook. Add in 1-2 tbsp. of water if needed to let the corn mixture loosen.
5. Transfer the corn mixture to a plate. Drizzle it with more coconut milk and top it off with some crispy onions. Serve with the limed wedges.