- ½ tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ lb. tomatoes, sliced
- ½ lb. Cool Runnings pigeon peas
- 1” piece ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp. Cool Runnings turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. Cool Runnings chili powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- hot pepper to taste
1. Fry mustard seeds in hot oil until they burst.
2. Add potatoes and fry for a minute.
3. Add a little water and allow to cook on medium heat until almost done.
4. Add tomatoes, green peas, ginger, turmeric, chilli, sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Cook on slow heat until tomatoes become pulpy and vegetables are cooked.