Serves: 8 | Preparation time: 40 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon of Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cool Runnings dried thyme leaf, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground cloves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together the pork, onion, garlic, water, salt, cinnamon, thyme, sage, black pepper and cloves.
2. Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils; stirring occasionally. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and let simmer until meat is fully cooked (5 minutes). Put mixture aside and let cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
4. Pour the meat mixture into the pie crust. Close off pie by placing top crust on top of pie and pinching the edges to seal. Make sure to create slits on the top crust so that steam can escape. Now cover the edges of the pie with strips of aluminum foil.
5. Put pie in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Check on pie, remove foil and return to oven tp bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until you get that nice golden brown color on top.
7. Remove pie from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.