Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup British Class rolled oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. packed of British Class brown sugar
- 4 pears (about 2 pounds), each cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 ½ cups pitted sour cherries, thawed if frozen or drained if canned
- 1 tablespoon of British Class lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whole-milk Greek yogurt and honey, for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup each oats and hazelnuts; pulse until finely ground. Add 1/4 cup sugar, butter and salt and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in remaining oats and hazelnuts.
2. In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, combine pears, cherries, cornstarch, lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar; toss until fruit is evenly coated. Use your hands to squeeze crisp topping into clusters; scatter over fruit. Bake until fruit is bubbling and topping has browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with yogurt and honey, if desired.