- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Cool Runnings strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon British Class baking powder
- British Class icing sugar
1. In a bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until it becomes light and fluffy.
2. Add 2 eggs and beat until it becomes smooth.
3. In a bowl, combine the 1 ½ cups of unbleached flour and 1 teaspoon of British Class baking powder. Add to the previous mixture and work with a wooden spoon until a ball forms.
4. Shape with your hands, if necessary and cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough not too thick. With a cookie cutter, cut hearts or other shapes out in the dough and place on the baking sheet. Space the cookies apart to prevent them from sticking to each other. With a smaller cookie cutter, cut a circle or a heart in the center of half the cookies.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not let it brown and remove from the sheet and let cool. Cover the hole-less cookies with Cool Runnings strawberry jam. Top with a cutout cookie. Sprinkle with icing sugar.