Servings: 4 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 11/2 lbs chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of Cool Runnings jamaican style curry powder
- 2 tbsp Cool Runnings all-purpose seasoning
- 5 Cool Runnings pimento berries (allspice whole)
- 1 1/2 tsp frsehly grated ginger
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- boiling water
1. Prepare the chicken by de-skinning it and cut it into small pieces. Wash the chicken in water and a tsp of vinegar and lemon juice. Drain away the excess water and dry the chicken with a kitchen towel.
2. In a large bowl, add the chicken, onion, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, pimento berries, ginger, salt, sall purpose seasoning, and curry powder. Mix everything together and let chicken marinate for 30 minutes or more.
3. Heat up cooking oil in a pot over medium heat.
4. Add the seasoned chicken to the oil and stir well. Let the chicken cook until lightly brown on all sides. To prevent burning, you can add a little water.
5. Stir in the carrot, potato and thyme. Add enough water to cover the chicken in the pot. Cover and leave to cook for another 25 - 30 minuts or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the water is reduced to a curry gravy.