- 3 1/2 lbs Chicken Thighs, skinned
- 2 cups Water
- 1 14-oz can Pineapple Chunks with juice
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp of Cool Runnings onion powder
- 1 tsp of Cool Runnings garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Cool Runnings paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
1. Take the skinless chicken thighs and season them with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt. Let the seasoning marinate overnight or at least an hour before cooking.
2. Heat up your skillet with some oil on high heat and sear the chicken on both sides until browned. Once ready, throw the skillet into the oven for 30 minutes at 400F.
3. After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and remove the chicken from the skillet. It's time to make the sauce. Add 1 cup of boiling water to the skillet and bring it to a simmer. Add the peppers, carrots, and sauté until soft. Once softened, drain the juice from the pineapple into the pan and bring it back to a boil. Let it boil for a minute or so.
4. To thicken the sauce, stir in the cornstarch with 1 cup of cold water. Add ketchup and pineapple chunks to the skillet. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. When ready to serve, remove pan from heat so the sauce doesn't dry out.