Servings: 6 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup water or more
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 1 cup white rice, short grained
- 1 cup Cool Runnings evaporated milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. Cool Runnings ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ tsp. Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped cherries (optional)
1. Bring water, salt and coconut milk to the boil; add rice and continue to cook on medium to low heat until rice is almost soft.
2. Stir occasionally to prevent rice sticking to the pot.
3. Add milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, almonds and vanilla; continue to cook on low heat.
4. Stir often until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked and soft.
5. Add raisins and stir until all is blended; remove from heat.
6. Decorate with cherries. Serve hot or cold in individual dishes with a teaspoon of jam or jelly on top.