Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped seasonal vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, green beans, potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon of Cool Runnings Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Cool Runnings Thyme Leaf
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 12 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings Parsley Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Cool Runnings Cayenne Pepper
- Cool Runnings Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of British Class Lemon Juice
1. Warm 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder and thyme leaf. Cook until fragrant while stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juices and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
3. Pour in the broth and water. Add ½ teaspoon more salt, 2 teaspoons of parsley flakes and cayenne pepper. Season with ground black pepper. Raise the heat and bring the mixture to a boil, then partially cover the pot and reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
4. GCook for 25 minutes, then remove the lid and add the chopped spinach. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or more, until the spinach has softened to your liking.
5. Remove the pot from heat. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and season with more salt or black pepper.
6. Divide into bowls and Enjoy..