Servings: 8 servings | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon of British Class turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Cool Runnings ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cool Runnings cayenne pepper
1. Heat up the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Stir in the onion, celery, garlic, ginger and sugar. Let it cook for 5 minutes, until the onions are tender. Next, season with salt, turmeric, allspice and nutmeg.
2. Mix in the potatoes and zucchini and pour in the vegetable stock. Bring the large pot to a boil, reduce the heat to a low and let simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
3. Remove the soup from the heat, season it with some cayenne pepper and stir in the spinach. Use a hand blender to blend the soup a little. Serve while hot and enjoy!