- 4 very ripe medium size bananas, peeled
- 1 ½ tsp Cool Runnings Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings banana extract
- ¾ cup British Class golden sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups self-rising all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 1 cup sultana raisins or chocolate chips
- Butter, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the bananas for 1-2 minutes until they are smooth.
3. Add the Cool Runnings Chinese Five Spice, Cool Runnings Banana Essence, and British Class Golden Brown Sugar into banana mixture and beat until well incorporated.
4. Add the eggs and butter to the mixture and beat until blended.
5. Add the self rising all purpose flour and beat on low until just incorporated. Do not over beat.
6. With a spatula fold in the nuts and raisins (or chocolate chips).
7. Pour mixture into an oiled baking pan (9.25” x 5.25” x 2.75”) and bake for 60-70 minutes.
8. Check at 60 minutes by putting a toothpick into the center of the loaf, if it pulls out clean with no batter sticking to it, the bread is ready.
9. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool down before slicing.