Serves: 4 servings | Prep time: 30 minutes
- 4 large white fish fillets (skinless)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 can of Cool Runnings coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 bunch of spring onions (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet chili (finely chopped)
- 1 small chunk of ginger (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp of Cool Runnings Jamaican style curry powder
- 1 tbsp of groundnut oil
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp of Cool Runnings thyme leaves
- Cooked rice to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the skinless fillet fish and season with 1 tsp of jamaican style curry powder, some salt and pepper and squeeze lemon over it and let it sit on the side.
2. Heat up the groundnut oil in a deep frying pan with a lid. Toss the spring onions, ginger, garlic, chili and pepper in and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining curry powder and thyme and cook for another minute. Next add the coconut milk and let simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
3. Once the sauce has thickened, add the fish into the sauce and cover with the lid to let simmer gently for another 8 - 10 minutes, or until the fish starts flaking easily. Remove from heat, sprinkle with some fresh thyme and serve with rice!