Serves: 6 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8 Cool Runnings beef bouillon cubes
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices of french bread (3/4 inch thick), buttered and toasted
1. Heat up a large saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in the butter over medium to low heat or until transparent and golden. Stir occasionally. (8 - 10 minutes)
2. Next, add the water, bouillon cubes and Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare your oven-safe bowls and distribute the hot soup, topping each bowl with a piece of French bread. Take each piece of cheese and slice in half and place over the bread. Set in the oven to boil so that cheese can melt.
4. Take out of oven and enjoy!