- 1 tsp Cool Runnings cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings coriander seeds
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- salt and Cool Runnings ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp British Class baking powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100g carrot, finely grated (moisture squeezed out)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zest only
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sesame seeds, to garnish
1. For the falafels, toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Grind the seeds in a pestle and mortar.
2. Blend the toasted spices together with the remaining falafel ingredients in food processor until well combined.
3. Shape spoonfuls of the falafel mixture into balls and set aside on a plate.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1cm vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the falafels for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove the falafel from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
5. Serve the falafels with toasted pitta breads and the yoghurt dressing alongside.