- 12 oz. pasta
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cool Runnings hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of Cool Runnings ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cool Runnings cayenne pepper
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
2. Return pot to heat and add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, chicken broth, and pasta and bring to a simmer. Simmer until pasta is al dente, 14 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar until just melted.
4. Garnish with chives and serve.