Serves: 3 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup British Class rolled oats
- 1 cup Cool Runnings coconut milk
- 2 medium apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds or peanuts)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit (such as apricots or prunes)
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cool Runnings ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cool Runnings ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water, coconut milk, raisins, nuts, dried fruit, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a boil.
2. Add the oats to the saucepan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
3. Cook the oats, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until they have reached your desired consistency.
4. Add the diced apples to the saucepan and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the apples are tender.
5. If the oats start to stick to the bottom of the saucepan, add a splash more water or coconut milk.
6. Once the oats and apples are cooked, transfer them to a bowl and top with your desired toppings. Enjoy!