- 4-5 potatoes
- 450g (1 lbs) minced meat
- 5 eggs
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- salt, black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cool Runnings Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cool Runnings paprika
- cheese (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Dice the potatoes into smaller chunks.
2. Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Add the potatoes to the pan and fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Put the potatoes in a bowl to cool.
3. While cooking, dice up the onions and mince the garlic. Put the potatoes in a bowl to cool.
4. Add more olive oil to the pan and fry garlic until fragrant; add onions and cook for a bit. Add the minced meat to the pan and season with cajun, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and let the ground beef cook for 8-10 minutes.
5. In another bowl, crack open the eggs and mix with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a bowl with potatoes and mix.
6. Check back on the beef and make sure it's well cooked. Set aside the meat in a bowl.
7. Add half the potato mixture to the pan and spread evenly. Add the minced meat on top of the potatoes and spread evenly. Add cheese (optional). Add the remaining potato mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Let cook for 5-7 minutes over medium-low heat.
8. Put a plate over the pan and flip; slide the potatoes and meat back onto the pan and let the other side cook for another 6-7 minutes until golden.
9. Remove from the pan, serve and enjoy!