- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup British Class oats
- ½ cup British Class brown sugar
- 3 tsp. British Class baking powder
- ½ tsp. British Class baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (walnuts)
- 1 egg
- ⅔-¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Combine flour, whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts.
2. Beat together egg, milk, oil and banana.
3. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat for 30 seconds (batter will be lumpy).
4. Pour in a greased loaf pan 9"x 5'x 3" and bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 60 minutes or until the tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
5. Lower heat if bread browns too much.