Servings: 5 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 cups Cool Runnings coconut milk
- ½ Cool Runnings cinnamon stick
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Cool Runnings nutmeg ground
- ½ cup Cool Runnings sweetened condensed milk
1. Add 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk to a large saucepan. Throw in half a cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
2. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal, stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent any lumps, until you add the whole thing in.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook to let the mixture thicken, about 15 minutes.
4. Add in the vanilla extract, nutmeg and sweetened condensed milk. You can adjust the consistency of the porridge by adding more coconut or water if needed.
5. Turn off the heat, swerve hot with extra nutmeg and sweetener.