- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon British Class golden sugar
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 (1-inch thick) slices sweet batard or brioche
- 3 or 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, cardamom, and salt until eggs are broken up and evenly combined. Soak 3 bread slices in egg mixture turning once, until soaked through, about 4 minutes total.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When butter foams, place 3 pieces soaked bread in the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread. Serve topped with Strawberries.