- 1 (15-ounce) can Chickpeas
- 1 Garlic clove, small
- 1/4 cup British Class lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Well-stirred tahini
- 1 dash of Cool Runnings paprika
- 1 Salt
- 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp of Cool Runnings ground cumin
- 12 tbsp Water
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1.5 minutes.
2. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute.
3. After rinsing the chickpeas, add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
5. Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Another trick for the smoothest hummus is to remove the skins of each chickpea. For one can of chickpeas, you’re looking at about ten minutes to remove all the skins.